MightyBands, home gym system

Sunday, February 21, 2010

How To Beat a Wing Chun Guy

Ever wondered how you would beat a wing chun guy? I'm not asking from the perspective of a wing tsun student, but from an outsider of the wing chun system. Knowing what you know now of WT/VT/WC, how would you defeat the guy?

For me, I would try to capitalize on their eagerness to close the gap, playing with the distance to keep them either waiting for me to come in or for them to come in too early.

Using distance and circular punches to offset their straight line attacks. I'm sure i'll get a few fists in the face, but would hope for one awesome knock out punch.

If the distance is too close, then to grab, hold and take down.

Of course, this all said, knowing what I know now of what a great WC/VT/WT practitioner can do, I'm pretty sure I'll be knocked around pretty bad.

Until then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would use the side/front kick to keep the distance. when the wc practitioner breaks through, hands up chin down and circle around occasionally pulling jabs, and get in a clinch using knees and elbows to hunt for a ko. this is what i as a wc/sanda/muay thai practitioner would do. so keep circling around!

Popular Posts