MightyBands, home gym system

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Join Me: WT 1000 Punches Challenge and Abs Program

I was reading my Si-Fu's blog on his 14 hour chi-sao marathon, and there was something he mentioned that couldn't be more timely (much like his punching come to think of it!)...

"Funny enough someone, who I don’t know, sent me an e-mail: “Fitness doesn't play an important role in the process of learning wing chun.” Hmmh ... Yes, fitness can also be a relative factor. I have seen very fit people collapse within moments under the pressure of a stressful fight exercise. My point has always been to do your strength and fitness training alongside your martial arts training, not one after the other. Why? Life is too short. It’s that simple."

Life is too short and it's 2010! And fittingly, I'm challenging you to do my "1000 Punches and Abs Program!" So are you game? The program will consist of:
  • Cardiovascular training
  • Resistance training
  • Supportive Diet
Now, all you have to do is follow my blog posts on www.mightygrasshopper.com and I will lay out the exercises (reps, sets, rest time, etc) all there for you. There will also be additional information on why we're doing resistance training, what to eat and why, and how to work in cardiovascular training in a fun and more effective way than jogging for 45 minutes.

Where does Wing Tsun fit into all this? Well, I will be modifying the cardiovascular portion of the program so that it will consist of Wing Tsun drills and exercises - instead of jogging, you'll be chain punching; instead of the bike, you'll be shadow boxing; instead of the elliptical, you'll be doing intensive stepping and attacking drills.

And, the point of all this - to see if you're up to throwing a 1000 FULL BLAST chain punches! I'm not talking wimpy, rabbit punches...I'm talking ball and canon chain punching to-rip-the-heart-out-of-your-opponent-and-the-guy's-behind-him-kind-of-punching.

Please check my post that kicked it all off and my post on the start date and equipment required.

So there you have it - within a few months, you'll be blasting punches no problem. And the side effect? A slimmer you with a six pack!

Please pass this on to your wing tsun/chun brothers and sisters!

For my Si-Fu's blog on the 14 hour chi-sao marathon, click here.

Until then.

1 comment:

Marcel said...

Hey Brian,
Love your blog. 1000 chain punch challenge and 6 pack abs-great idea! I'm in.

Popular Posts