MightyBands, home gym system

Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'm Back

Hi folks! It's been a while, hasn't it? I've been out of town for the last bit and with no computer access (believe it or not). In any event, I'm back at this...

Last night, I was strolling down Granville St with my girlfriend around 1am. Normal evening, nothing out of the ordinary. We walked passed the Granville Street skytrain station and all of a sudden I hear some shuffling of feet that's just a little TOO close for comfort. I feel something poke against the back of my neck and this guy's voice saying "give me all your money".

No joke folks.

For whatever reason, all I did was shoot my hand out as I turned to face the "gunman", resulting in a lap sao kind of move and quickly shot my free hand to his elbow to control him forcing him towards the nearest wall.

The guy's like "YAM!" ....turns out it was a friend of mine.

A couple things I realized from this instance.

  • If this was for real, I would've been shot.
  • If this was for real, the attacker would've been able to land a good shot before I even knew it since my back was facing him.
  • I didn't think otherwise to stop, put my hands up or any other response.
Is this a result of WT training? Is this a result of stupidity? or maybe just an adrenaline shot. How should it have been handled?

Until then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a story.

It's hard to keep in the so called "yellow zone" when walking around, being aware of the surroundings.

And it's also hard to balance "reaction by training" versus the common sense of "Wait a second, he has a gun and I should cooperate"

I guess I didn't say much just now.

Popular Posts