MightyBands, home gym system

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sun Run 2010

So this year was my return to the Sun Run having skipped out last year. What an amazing day, the sun was shining, the people were incredibly friendly and there was a lot of energy all around. I have no idea what my time was but I managed to conquer the run without having to walk.

BUT, there was a price I had to pay. My left knee was incredibly sore by the final stretch and the only thing that kept me in it was keeping PROPER FORM. Making sure that my feet, ankle, knees, hip all lined up ensured that I was running as efficiently as possible, using as little energy as possible and minimizing stress to my knees.

It worked - i was able to finish without stopping I have to say that I would have to thank this to my wing tsun training believe it or not. There's a type of self/muscle awareness that this training brings to light and it came in handy tonight.

I know I know..perhaps you'd rather me talk about how I chain punched someone at the sun run, but the people out there were just all pretty happy to be there. Cheers all around!

Until then.

No comments:

Popular Posts