MightyBands, home gym system

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Good to be back!

Hi Gang,

Well it's great to be back! I've been out of the Wing Tsun loop for the month of May due to my work demands. Things have been settled and went smoothly and I'm eager and ready to bring WT back into my regular routine...

So the latest UFC Fight (Machida vs. Evans) really put karate back on the map. More importantly, it's put the concept of purist martial artists back into the MMA territory. It's about freaking time and I'm glad to see it. I think this is the point that many martial artists/street fighters have been trying to make all these years during the rise of MMA. The idea of a purist martial artist can be an effective fighting machine, but it will take lots of training and adapting your current arsenal to the new found elements of an MMA fighter.

I look forward to the future of MMA now and I would not be surprised if MMA will evolve again into another form of fighting, but one of a more purist foundation. No more are the days of the wrestler, the brawler, nor the "typical MMA". To come, hopefully, will be your karate guy who's not afraid to go to the ground IF NEED BE. Or the kung fu who's not afraid to go to the ground IF NEED BE.

Makes for more exciting fights too.

Until then.

No comments:

Popular Posts