MightyBands, home gym system

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Your Wing Chun Evolution?

I know my wing chun is not to the point where it can evolve yet. You know what I mean? when you mastered something, you can re-invent it, perfect it, tweak it etc. I'm not there yet by no means. I'm still trying to figure out the basics.

One person i know who's good at it and has, in my opinion, evolved it would be my Sifu.  I don't know if what he's teaching now has been something that I've either ignored, not been able to comprehend till now, didn't realize till now, something that he's 'hidden' or something that he's stumbled upon recently...BUT

It feels like the wing tsun I was learning seemed a lot different back then than it does now.

Mechanically, techniques, skills, stance, forms etc..that's all the same. it's constant throughout the years but the vision, the final product has seemed to change.

It went from "wing chun"..to now...in a sense, boxing with an eastern flare, founded in the roots of wing chun, it's training, skills and principles.

Was this always there? Or a discovery only made recently and now being taught?

But what about you? for those of you who's been with the same instructor for 5 or more years, have you noticed the instruction to have evolved over the years? How did it do so? Why do you think this happened?

Or

Did it stay the same? Has it been consistent all this time?

Until then.

No comments:

Popular Posts