MightyBands, home gym system

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Crazy Wing Chun Dream!

Well, I had an interesting dream last night..and it was actually wing chun related. Mind you I dream frequently and it's almost always ridiculously vivid resulting in some days where I'm drained completely as if I actually lived out my dream. On a side note, it's awesome when it involves playboy playmate twins..but i'll keep those to myself.

So what did I dream last night?

It was a wing tsun demonstration in a Chinese restaurant put on my "the" WT organization (my school doesn't belong to one, but it was set up this way in my dream) and the people giving the demo consisted of those in my class and other schools in the organization. We were all involved in the demonstration and the restaurant was filled with over 300 people eager to see what we were all about.

Things started to take a turn for the worst when one of the guys giving a demo was being harassed by the audience.   He was being heckled and almost embarrassed. On top of that, he was being mocked for having a lousy 'inch punch'..or that he was doing it wrong.

I tried to come to help out in his demo, but the audience, turns out was from other martial art schools looking for a fight. The whole restaurant broke into a brawl and all around me was pandemonium. Think of Enter the Dragon. I look to my right and left and my classmates where getting beat up, and only a handful could really handle themselves.

I came across at least 4 attackers and I was able to hold my own. I ended up throwing one head first into the ground (what wing tsun sao is that?) and that killed him.

 It was just insanity. The fights lasted only seconds, but each was incredibly intense. It was all about survival and getting out of there. People were bloody, beat down by chairs, yelling, crying. it was a massacre on both sides. It didn't matter what techniques you used..it was about just making it out ok and using what you know at that moment in time to make it happen. It was about self-defense at its essence. Not technique, stance, etc. it was about awareness, body positioning, thinking about where the exist are..stuff like that.

In the stress of it all, I was looking for people I recognized and tried to avoid the crazed mob looking for blood.  I ended up seeing one and together we were able to watch each other's back as we made our way out only to be surrounded again by another mob..

Only to then be woken by my alarm.

It was just a dream...whooo

Until then..


1 comment:

Trevor said...

How crazy and cool at the same time,love it,keep em coming :)

Popular Posts