MightyBands, home gym system

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What Would You Do?

Posted hot off the press on the Wing Tsjun International Facebook Page:

Hello all.
I would like to share a video of a fight aboard a NY subway with you and ask for your opinion on the subject of moral courage.
As you will see in the video a lady that tried to separate the two brawlers got injured. Unfortunately this is not the first time this year that people who are trying to help get in the middle of the action, get severely hurt or in the case of an elderly man in Germany this year even killed.
I had to experience a situation with my family also this year where I drove through a pretty rough neighborhood and all of the sudden I saw 20 (!!!) youngsters beat up two other kids. This incident took place maybe 20 meters away from my car and I had my wife and kids with me. I honked and yelled and then called the cops, waited in a distance until they were there (which of course made the gang run away) but it laft a bad taste in my mouth for quite a while about not having done more.
I would like to know your opinion on this whole thing.
How would you have reacted, what ideas, tips or remarks do you have on that subject?
How can we still encourage people to help despite stories like these?
Your help would be appreciated.

Please click here to get to the discussion board on the WTI-group page to write about this matter.
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=19509495448&topic=15126

So here´s the video. It gets pretty nasty around 2.45 so you might not want to watch it if you easily get offended or affected by scenes like these.
http://gothamist.com/2009/12/27/video_bloody_fight_on_the_6_train.php

So what is your response? what would you've done? how about in the more general situation, if you see someone in a violent encounter and needs help. What would you do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My 2 humble cents: If it's clearly the case where someone is being robbed, jumped etc - ie, the other person is not able to defend themselves, then I would step in to try and do something. Hopefully, words can defuse the situation.

If it's the case where two people or groups have made it clear their intentions are to fight... then kungfu teaches you to stay out of it. We only use our skills to protect those who cannot defend themselves, and have no business where others have agreed to fight.

Popular Posts