MightyBands, home gym system

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Reaping the Rewards

Sorry folks - I think blogspot has given me some troubles. I had this blog scheduled for release, but I've noticed now that this hasn't been the case. In any event, here goes...

what has WT given you? Generally speaking, martial arts provide the standard points:

  • self-confidence
  • active lifestyle
  • self-defense skills
  • self-discipline
But beyond this, what have you gained from it? Perhaps a new network of friends? The realization that you can't stand people who keep talking and don't train? Or maybe that martial arts isn't your thing, and just wanna do something fun and not so serious..like you know, wushu.

For myself, it's given me a brand new perspective on life. It's given me the ability to just tough it out and get through it. Also taught me to set that ego aside - that's a biggie, i think. To accept this brings on so many other rewards. Sometimes, it's better to shut and actually LISTEN (not hear) what the other person has to say.

Speaking of which, i think of the 7 habits of highly effective people is "Seek first to understand. Then to be understood."

What has WT brought onto you?

Until then.

No comments:

Popular Posts